Editor & Publisher featured an interesting editorial piece that discusses the results of the recent Newspaper Multiplatform Usage study conducted by the NNA.
Some notable findings of the study:
- Newspapers reach 74% of Internet users in an average week across multiple platforms and devices.
- More than 161 million adults read newspapers in print, online, and on mobile devices in the past week.
- Multiple platforms are used by 54% of consumers who access newspaper content in an average week.
- Newspaper media consumers act on newspaper digital ads — 66% took action on an ad in the past month.
- Newspaper circulars are used by 73% of newspaper media users in an average month.
Full text can be found here: http://www.editorandpublisher.com/Newsletter/Columns/Editorial–Why-Newspapers-Are-a-Better-Ad-Buy